Friday, October 5, 2012

Rest week.

My body told me this week. OK. That's enough. You need to take a damn break. I have been sore, beat up feeling, etc. So this week, I decided to take about three days of training off and just concentrate on my diet. The result? Lost 7 lbs from Saturday. Crazy, I know.
The key was to redirect my diet to make it as absolutely clean as possible, increase my vegetables and my fruit intake and voila! My system is completely cleaned out. I feel SO much better.
Obviously, that means I need to work on my triathlon diet because I shouldn't feel so bloaty all the time when on it.
I still have my Chicago Monster Dash Half Marathon in just over two weeks. So I'm back to hard core training tonight with some hill sprints then an eleven mile run tomorrow.
But sometimes, you just need to listen to your body when it says "Shut it down".
Finding the difference between "I can push a little more" and "I need a rest" is a fine line, but I think I found it.
I guess we'll find out in a couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment